Natural Bodybuilding is the Answer to the Riddle of Weight Loss
Turn on the TV, open up a magazine or just read the health news over the Internet and you get the impression that everyone apparently is searching for the seemingly daunting and complex task of how to accomplish weight loss. Some appear to be looking for the answer in some magic fruit or food while others are more concentrated in finding a gene or a special drug that would take care of the problem. However, those of us who practice natural bodybuilding, especially if we have competed, realize that the process of weight loss while not necessarily easy, it’s relatively simple.
How Can Natural Bodybuilding Help with Weight Loss?
If you want to lose weight you need to simply follow 3 natural bodybuilding steps. With determination and consistency of execution these steps will help you to achieve any desired weight loss that you are looking for.
In order to lose weight you need to:
1) Create a slight caloric deficit of 300-500 calories every day (300 is good for women while 500 is good for men). This can be done through increased exercise and by taking in less calories than what you burn on any given day. At the end of the day, losing weight is a function of calories in vs. calories out. If you take in less calories than what you burn on any given day, you will lose weight. Take more than what you burn and you will gain weight. Simple, right? Now, if we lose weight we want it to be fat weight, not muscle weight. Thus, here is where the next point comes into play.
2) You need to consume the right foods in the right ratios. Since everybody who visits this website practices natural bodybuilding training, or at least is getting ready to get started, we know that such training increases the body’s need for protein. Thus, a good diet to start with is one that provides 40% of its calories from carbohydrates, 40% from proteins, and 20 % from good fats. Consuming the right amounts of foods in this ratio will ensure that as you feed the muscle you starve the fat and thus, the weight loss comes from fat being burned. For more information on how to set up a diet as well as what foods to eat, please check out my article on Bodybuilding Nutrition Basics and Bodybuilding Diets for Fat Loss
3) Burn more calories by increasing your physical activity. Again, for us who practice natural bodybuilding this is not an issue. With our training, not only do we burn calories via our weight training and cardiovascular exercise, but we also permanently increase our metabolism (ability to burn calories) as we gain more muscle mass. Thus, the more muscle one has the easier it is to shed the extra weight.
If you find the information of this website useful, please feel free to check out any of my best selling natural bodybuilding and fitness publications here.
Related Bodybuilding Articles for Weight Loss
- Bodybuilding Nutrition Basics
- Sample Bodybuilding Diet for Fat Loss
- Natural Bodybuilding and the Difference Between Weight Loss and Fat Loss