In this article I talk about how to enhance your natural bodybuilding gains by using the power of positive pressure.
Positive pressure can be a great ally in your quest to making awesome natural bodybuilding gains. Positive pressure can be created by giving yourself a clear deadline by when to achieve your bodybuilding goals. For instance, setting yourself a goal to lose 20 pounds of fat while maintaining, or even increasing, your muscle mass slightly in the next twelve weeks is a great way to create positive pressure.
Why Is Applying Positive Pressure So Effective For Enhancing Natural Bodybuilding Gains?
Because by doing this, you create a limited timeline by which to achieve your goals. This increases your chances of achieving them since, provided that you wholeheartedly commit yourself to the set date, then every workout and every day that you stick to your diet counts; you can no longer procrastinate.
In addition, this forces you to use goal setting techniques and also to adopt the winning mindset of successful bodybuilders.
Make A Commitment
It is of utmost importance that you commit yourself to the set date by either setting up a photo shoot or just simply telling others about it. Once you share with others what your goals are, that makes you accountable, and thus more likely to follow through. You can even make a small friendly contest out of it with your training partner, or people at the gym, by taking before and after pictures, along with stats such as bodyweight and body fat percentage, so that you and whomever wants to participate can see the progress made, and thus, determine a winner.
In my case, I apply myself positive pressure by either setting up a photo shoot, signing up for a guest posing or even entering a bodybuilding contest.
Make sure that once your goals are achieved you reward yourself by going to a nice restaurant and perhaps having a less than healthy meal. As long as you get back on your program on the next day, such a cheat meal will not have any detrimental effects on your physique.
Additional Techniques That Guarantee Great Natural Bodybuilding Gains And A Successful Transformation
- Believe in yourself: As funny as it sounds, there must be no doubt in your mind that you can make this transformation a reality. If not, you won’t be able to achieve your desired results. Believing in yourself is really the first step. If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
- Place a calendar on your fridge: Mark a back slash on the days that you followed your diet without cheating. Make a forward slash on the days that you trained. If you trained and followed a good diet on a given day, you should have an X marked on that day. Make sure that you have the number of X’s in your calendar that your program calls for, so if you are meant to weight train 3 days of the week, then you have three X’s. The rest of the days should be back slashes. This is a great method that visually shows you how consistent you are with your program.
- Place a picture of how you currently look somewhere that you will be able to see it on a daily basis: This picture should provide you with additional motivation to follow your bodybuilding program. The refrigerator, in my opinion is a great place to put these pictures or by the bedroom mirror.
- Take bi-weekly progress pictures: Take pictures of yourself every 2 weeks and place them in the refrigerator next to your “before” picture. That way, whenever you have a craving and go to the refrigerator you will remember the reason that you are doing this and also get motivated by seeing the progress that you are achieving.
- Write down the reasons why you are following this program and put them in your refrigerator: Same benefit as item 3.
- Keep your house free from any foods that are not good for your program: You can’t cheat if you have no access to bad foods.
- Remember to prepare all your meals the day before: In this manner when you are at work, you already have all of the food that you will need for the day with you. That way you limit the amount of times you’ll be tempted.
- Finally, remember that it is you who is in control: Only you control what goes in your mouth. Food does not control you!
Follow these tips above and natual bodybuilding success will be knocking at your door in no time.
In a nutshell, choose whatever it takes to make you motivated and committed to a clear and definite date. In this manner, you need to deliver results by a certain date and you will no longer procrastinate and skip cardio sessions, meals, nor training sessions. As a result, you will achieve weekly results that will lead you to your bodybuilding goals faster than you ever thought possible.