In this natural bodybuilding exercise video I show how to perform hammer curls properly so that you can get big, wide and ripped biceps.
Natural Bodybuilding Exercises – Hammer Curls for Big Biceps
Main Muscle Worked: Brachialis and Biceps
Other Muscles Worked: Forearms
Mechanics Type: Isolation Movement
1. Stand up with your torso upright and a dumbbell on each hand being held at arms length. The elbows should be close to the torso.
2. The palms of the hands should be facing your torso. This will be your starting position.
3. While holding the upper arm stationary, curl the weights forward while contracting the biceps as you breathe out. Continue the movement until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps. Tip: Only the forearms should move.
4. Slowly begin to bring the dumbbells back to starting position as your breathe in.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Hammer Curls Variations: There are many possible variations for this movement. For instance, you can perform the exercise sitting down on a bench with or without back support and you can also perform it by alternating arms; first lift the right arm for one repetition, then the left, then the right, etc.
If you like this video then please “Tweet it” and Facebook it (buttons are below the video)
If you’ve got any questions on the video or suggestions for more video topics, then just scroll to the bottom of the page and use the comment system.